If you have a new release available for sale, as a download or as a physical item (wooh) then we will feature it on the site on (or most likely following) the day of release.
For that we will need from you:
• General info – artist name, release title, label
• Where it can be purchased from i.e. Bandcamp page etc
• Ability to embed some music – Bandcamp, Youtube video, public Soundcloud site
• Band website, plus social media links – Facebook, Twitter etc for interested listeners to find out more
• Band picture (an attachment, or a link will work)
• If also available on streaming sites, your aggregation URL – e.g. Linktree, Linkfire, SmartURL, Feature.FM, or Toneden.
(Bandcamp is probably the quickest and easiest way to sell your music DIY. If you have aspirations of joining the machine that is the music business and getting your music online into stores such as Amazon or iTunes and ready for your assault on the charts then a digital provider such as Emubands will do all the hard work for you. Others are available but we know and trust them, they’re local, and their model is slightly different and we believe better than some others).
Just so you know, we’re going to phase out coverage of releases which are streaming-only, following Spotify’s recent comments on the future of music and the general payment model which is clearly damaging to artists and in turn the future of music. We’d encourage everyone to put their music on Bandcamp anyway – more here.
Oh, it may be that as you submit your music to stream via Apple Music it also becomes available as an iTunes download. Damn, you got us on a technicality. However, with the current volume of new releases, we will have to prioritise what we feature, and Bandcamp or physical releases will always get priority. Sorry (not sorry).