Biffy Clyro covering ‘The Modern Leper’ and The Twilight Sad‘s take on ‘Floating In The Forth’ are among the Frightened Rabbit songs featured on a 17-track compilation album, ‘Tiny Changes’.
With proceeds going to the mental health charity of the same name set up by the band following the untimely passing of singer Scott Hutchison, the album is now available for pre-order, with the official release date being July 12.
Subtitled ‘A Celebration of The Midnight Organ Fight’, the release celebrates the 10th anniversary of the release of the Selkirk band’s breakthrough long-player.
Julien Baker also covers The Modern Leper and this track as well as the Biffy Clyro take on the song can be heard by anyone pre-ordering the release.
The National’s Aaron Dessner and Lauren Mayberry out of Chvrches also contribute, as do Fiskur, Craig Finn, Manchester Orchestra and Josh Ritter are among the other acts who have contributed to the record, which will be available on CD and vinyl as well as via download and streaming services.
Of the release, the band said: “We wanted to avoid the usual approach of just repressing the vinyl or rereleasing the same record with different artwork…”
“We came up with the idea of asking some pals to record their own interpretations of the songs on the album. It felt like a good way to celebrate everyone who had been a part of the last ten years of the band and we didn’t have to do any work ourselves!
“Every single person on Tiny Changes has been a part of our lives and Frightened Rabbit in a special way over the last ten years.
“Scott was a vital part of bringing this album together and it’s something he was very excited about and worked hard to bring to life. He listened to and approved every track on there with us and he had already started preparing the artwork…”
1. The Modern Leper – Biffy Clyro
2. I Feel Better – Oxford Collapse
3. Good Arms vs Bad Arms – Fiskur
4. Fast Blood – Right On Dynamite
5. Old Old Fashioned – Josh Ritter
6. The Twist – Wintersleep
7. Bright Pink Bookmark – The Philistines Jr.
8. Head Rolls Off – Craig Finn
9. My Backwards Walk – Harkin & Sarah Silverman
10. Keep Yourself Warm – Benjamin Gibbard
11. Extrasupervery – Inletts
12. Poke – Daughter
13. Floating In The Forth – The Twilight Sad
14. Who’d You Kill Now? – Aaron Dessner & Lauren Mayberry
15. The Modern Leper – Julien Baker
16. The Twist – Piano Bar Fight
17. My Backwards Walk – Manchester Orchestra